KPALE Legal Consulting Services

Many legal problems can be resolved without the stress and expense of going to court.

I can advise you on whether your problem is likely to be one of these.

Your first consultation is free.

Legal problems I help you solve

Immigration and visa matters

Struggling with immigration or visa problems? I can help you to work out which immigration pathways best match your circumstances.

I can give you expert legal consultation advice and solid support on applying for or solving issues with:

  • Family and partner visas, including family violence
  • Studying and training visas (subclass 500, subclass 590, subclass 407)
  • Refugee and humanitarian visas
  • Visitor visas
  • Bridging visas.

I can’t help you with:

  • Work or skilled migration visas
  • Business or investment visas
  • Visas for migration to other countries.

Please note: While I can’t currently represent you independently in court, I can help you prepare and lodge documents required for self-representation. I can also refer you to a trusted colleague who can represent you.

Immigration and visa matters

Preparing and lodging appeals  

Already appealed a decision and lost? We can appeal again.

If your visa has been refused or cancelled, I can help you: 

  • Lodge a timely, accurate appeal with the Migrant and Refugee Division of the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT)
  • Apply for a fee waiver for your appeal
  • Explore other possible pathways to securing a visa.

I can also help you with appeals to the NSW Civil and Administrative Appeals Tribunal (NCAT). NCAT deals with a broad range of issues, including but not limited to:

  • Disputes relating to tenancy or supply of goods and services or building work
  • Decisions on guardianship of people with disabilities
  • Administrative reviews disputes of government decisions relating to discrimination or poor professional behaviour.

Find out more about NCAT

Preparing and lodging appeals

Workplace issues

Underpaid or bullied at work or unfairly dismissed from your job? 

 I can:

  • Help you prepare an Unfair Dismissal Application or make your legal case against workplace bullying or discrimination
  • Support you in informal discussions and formal meetings with the Fair Work Commission and your employer.
Workplace issues

International Student Visas for Australia

Studying and Training Visas subclass 500, subclass 590, and subclass 407

I can guide you through all the stages of obtaining a study visa for Australia, including:

  • Preparing and lodging your study application form
  • Responding to Letters of Offer and Confirmation of Enrolment (COE)
  • Preparing all your enrolment papers
  • Obtaining your travel documents to come to Australia
  • Understanding your work rights.
International Student Visas for Australia

Get practical help to deal with legal problems

Legal Consulting FAQ

What is the difference between a legal consultant and a lawyer?

A legal consultant can advise you and prepare documents on your behalf. A lawyer can represent you in court. 

What will I pay?

Nothing until I know I can help you. Your first consultation is free. If you decide to use my services, we will work out a fixed fee based on your problem’s complexity and how much you can afford to pay.

Are you a qualified lawyer?

Yes. I have a law degree from the University of New England in New South Wales and a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Australian National University. I have a current Australian Practicing Certificate, which allows me to practice as a solicitor and a legal consultant.

I am a member of The Law Society of New South Wales.

 I am currently completing the requirements to represent clients independently in court. 

Do you specialise in an area of law?

I specialise in immigration law. I also have a lot of experience helping clients appeal administrative decisions that haven’t gone their way. However, as a qualified lawyer, I can help you with various legal issues. 

I don't live in Sydney. Can you still help me?

Yes, I can. We can discuss your problem on Zoom or by telephone—and exchange documents by email.